Tuesday 11 April 2023

Home Again

 It's always good to be home again and I have been getting on with all sorts of things including a good clean up of my sewing room and a sort out of projects that have gathered under the table with a (very) long term aim of clear floor space and surfaces as when I first set up this space. I have observed other people's marvellous new spaces silt up in a similar manner. I am trying sew my way out of mine though I could do with a Rumplestiltskin.

I have made backs and some bindings for all the retreat projects and waddings. I am glue basting and quilting one at a time.

The Tilda quilt is quilted and bound - sewing down bindings will be an ongoing job for weeks.



Detail








Likewise the Bondoon quilt - the back shows off the original fabric, available bcause I had to buy more to finish off the border and nothing else would do.



I rewarded myself a quick make of a mug rug made as a warm up in an excellent Janet Clare workshop long ago and retrieved from "under the table". I just machined the label and bagged it out.

Current Mug Rug, not a favourite is HSTs from making Houston Stars BOM.



In the evenings in front of the TV I have been hand piecing Green Tea and Sweet Beans now halted as I need to prep more but I am sewing down the binding of the Kasbah quilt - lovely and mindless.


All three


Poppy






Some of this has been a displacement for an end of month deadline and the Queen Beez group quilt centrepiece. As Maggie and Mary are such expert and qualified stitchers I have been nervous about combining my work with theirs. Anyway I have made a start which is half the battle - Maggie has been our fabric guru and general overseer, Mary and I happy injuns and consultants. So the pieces are cut and placement indicated and I am appliquing and being careful as I can to place points on the dots Mary has drawn. I am doing the large outer ring of petals. Things will be easier when we get to the borders.

We are making Vermont Summer Medallion by Judy Newman.


And as a final note my first quilt, hexagons needless to say, is on the bed as it is every Spring. Technically it's my daughter's but it lives here.


Detail.


No comments: