Thursday 26 January 2023

Kaffe Fassett crosses

I have decided to make the Maria Spiller workshop small version of crosses as a practice before my larger project. I am using nine Kaffe Fassett layer cake 10"  squares

Squares cut in half at an angle
and strips cut 1" wide

Strips added to one half

Pressed ready to join

Pieced square sliced again and
another strip inserted to make
the cross.



Trimming the blocks to the
 same size

Mine ended up at 9.75" square


Nine blocks sewn together. I will do the next stage
at the Oast Sewing Day on Sunday.
I

I wanted my crosses to line up and not to waste fabric so to join accurately I made sure the quarter inch line lay where the fabric pieces met. 

 

1 comment:

Julierose said...

I really like how these came out using the KF fabrics...nice work hugs, Julierose