Sunday 22 January 2023

Disappearing crosses with Maria Spiller



 Yesterday I took part in a "Disappearing Crosses" day with Maria Spiller. The workshop piece finished around 24" square but needless to say I want to do something more body sized so while some participants finished I am still making crosses. I hope to make further progress when Maria teaches for Oast next week.

Maria offered three different options for the block using layer cake squares or a single background or multi coloured. I chose the second, using three different but related half yards.

One insert

Two inserts

So far so good


I did finish my leader enders and can't wait to lay them out.

Now my crosses will be leader enders while I sew my letterbox blocks together.

After that I really must finish the two fabric fusion quilts I have on the go. Then it is time to get down to  quilting some of my UFO's.

Always busy!


No comments: