Monday 26 December 2022

What's Occuring

 A New Year's resolution should be to keep up with blog posts. Anyway here is a collection of bits and bobs.

On the 16th the Queen Beez had a lovely day at Maggie's with us each contributing parts of our lunch. Delicious! Once more I saw Maggie's great stack and whackery squares quilt using two different but coordinating fabrics.  Very taken with this idea.

We are embarking on a second joint quilt and started with a selected fabrics from the kit. We shall shop our stash and a shopping trip is planned.


Kit fabrics



Matching up with stash







I am very excited about my current project, a disappearing block from a book by Sandy Bonsib. I am using brushed cottons and a long held basket of Laura Ashley scraps from the early days of her shops, mostly offcuts from clothes manufacture.



Using such a plethora to cut from makes a mess but I am loving it.

Advent quilt on the bed which I should have changed on Christmas Eve.
I shall change it when I get back from my son's where we've spent Christmas Day.

It has a wool blend wadding and
 is hand as well as machine quilted. Very cosy!

Christmas gift from Mary I bought from Material Obsession on her recent trip to Australia

Commissioned snails screen printed
by the very gifted Penny Jeffries

From Maggie a beautifully worked pincushion



Pile of quilts for the Ukrainian family to choose from.

This was one of the selected ones.

And this is the tree skirt I made under the direction of Mary I.



No comments: