Sunday 4 December 2022

Quay Quilters' Sewing afternoon

 

Manx patchwork

Today Quay Quilters held a sewing session from 1pm to 6pm in St Catherine's Church Hall in Faversham. Three of us did our own thing while the others learnt how to do Manx Log Cabin with Pauline with the aim of making a cushion. Pauline also showed with very clear instructions and samples how to make a zipped cushion back with a flange incorporated to cover the zip.

The top picture is of Pam's first block which uses the front and reverse of her chosen fabrics. The Manx ladies used measurements of hands and joints to measure their pieces and the resultant version of  folded log cabin is self quilted.
I listened and learned and will give it a go when I have time.
Meanwhile I finished binding my Tilda quilt the last of my official Ukrainian donation projects.

Hilary's with a clever use of stripes - the other one is Pam's. She used front and back of a couple of her fabrics.

My Dancing Tildas quilt 47.5x58.5"



No comments: