Tuesday 29 November 2022

My retreat activities

 My first job was to  set myself up for some hand sewing by binding the quilt Maggie had just long armed.

Binding pressed away from quilt


Triangle squares completed in inner border









Then a friend has requested a companion quilt to the one her husband bought from me and in similar colours. I am doing another fabric fusion quilt using Brandon Mably fish in similar colours to the contour fabric used on the first one and a similar alternate setting.

Here is the original "Map Quilt"


and contour fabric:




and here  are the fish and setting blocks:




This was my original setting block, far too plain and with too much blue.  But I will finish and join them as I have all the cut out pieces. Perhaps for the back?



Now I'm using this one.



O a similar note I'm making a further quilt using very different fabric. She can choose the one she prefers. Her sofa is in a similar green to this one.



When I got home I found a thank you card from the little girl and her mother for whom I made a picture play quilt. They were sorry not to see me at home so we'll try to fix a date for tea soon.

A rather lurid photo of Picture Play 51x59

PP Back with facing and triangle corners


A nice gesture


No comments: