Wednesday 6 July 2022

Hello & Goodbye

 to a couple of quilts.

I have been somewhat absent lately preoccupied with various short term health issues, mostly tests proving nothing much wrong!

Now we are having a lovely lazy time staying with my son in London.  This was a chance to dispose of a couple of lockdown quilts to a Guild member nearby who is supplying quilts to Afghan refugees. These were too big and/or unsuitable for young person quilts.

I photographed them on my son's bed before they went to their new homes:

Roman Crosses

Lockdown Logs


Lockdown Logs reflected


I have had lots of sitting and sewing time here partly watching Wimbledon matches and in the evening watching later episodes of Curb Your Enthusiasm not available on our home set up. These always leave me delirious with laughter. So I have finished the binding and label on Appley Dapply.

Appley Dapply on our bed here: "Appley Dapply was a little brown mouse/ who went to the cupboard in somebody's house" (Beatrix Potter).

Pieced back of Appley Dapply

Now two more remain for binding but my shoulder is twinging after this one so I'll give it time to recover before sewing down the next one.

Now off to buy a paper as there is lots of news on the political front.

Turbulent times. What next!!

1 comment:

cityquilter grace said...

i hear you on the shoulder thingie...have gone back to PT and it's helping but annoying too...hope yours improves