Sunday 6 March 2022

Stack the Deck blocks

I am working from a Karla Alexander title, "Stack the Deck Crazy Quilts in 4 Easy Steps". I have quite a few of her books.





Anyway I've made a pattern template from freezer paper and ironed it to the top of my stack. I perforated the seam lines by sewing along them with no thread in the machine. This made it easy to  fold it back along the line and place my ruler in place alongside.



Then I pulled the freezer paper further back and cut, repeating for each shape.



I found it useful to use a weight to help hold the ruler steady, in my case a heavy office tape dispenser, a techinique learned from Donna Jordan of Jordan's fabrics. I enjoy their YouTube videos.

Here are cut apart units.

And here rearranged to form crazy blocks. 


Hereare six completed blocks from a stack of six fabrics.





No comments: