Thursday 3 February 2022

 The Anchors Aweigh quilt is finished and labelled too and after completing Sunny and using my transatlantic swap blocks from long ago I set about a quick new project.

37" Square

Fabric detail

Backing same as binding









I watch Jordan Fabrics YouTube videos most weekday mornings while I have my breakfast and have purchased  or downloaded a few patterns from them including this one, "Big & Bold" by Daniela Stout for Cozy Quilt Designs. 



I used a group of very ugly fabrics with a 40s kitchen feel to them or reminding me of French plastic tablecloths, hence the name for this "Tablecloth Quilt"..



The blocks are big finishing at 17" square and I made twelve in double quick time, 3 by 4 to finish 51" by 68", 57" by 74" with borders. Despite unpromising beginnings of an ultra simple pattern and fabrics most would hate I like the finished result except for the same fabric kitty corner, an unpicking and resewing job at the Oast UFO day on Saturday.



No comments: