Tuesday 7 December 2021

(Mostly) personal Show and Tell

 It was just six of us gathered at Lower Hardres for a lovely quiet day of sewing. I was cutting, the rest hand sewing apart from Sandra whose Featherweight purred gently in the background.

Maggie brought back two quilts of mine which she had made a super job of longarming so with Give and Take I had three items for Show and Tell. They still need binding which will be lots of lovely hand sewing over Christmas.

Sunny made from a Philip Jacobs Westminster main fabric - it glows.

Transatlantic Stars: it's hard to take a successful photo of this quilt which has surprised me with it's niceness


Give and Take started in Tara Faughnam's class


In addition Tansy brought along the group quilt the other five members of Pogles had made for her recent big birthday. Coincidentally it used some of the same Alison Glass wovens I had used in "Sunny" and it is lying on top of my quilt which frames it nicely.

Tansy's Pogles quilt with lots of personal touches

Detail showing some of Beverley's row; another member did the lovely quilting, Jacquie, I think.


No comments: