Friday 31 December 2021

Final Finish of 2021

I have been binding this quilt in front of the TV - at 82" square it took up a lot of space. It's called transatlantic stars as I took part in a block swap with mostly Americans hosted by Nancy of Blogging, Near Philadelphia. The theme was Brown and Teal blocks. I made loads of extras and some of these have gone into a smaller quilt currently at Lea Priory Quilting. Maggie quilted this one too, my treat for the coming year. It dates from 2008-11 or thereabouts and around the same time I bought feature fabric and backing in the JEMS sale here in Canterbury. Both swap group and shop are now defunct but Nancy is still making wonderful ever evolving quilts and I read all her posts as do many others.




Detail

Feature fabric

Backing - meant to be. Lots of extra space in the fabric cupboard now these two long lengths have been used up.

 

No comments: