Thursday 23 September 2021

Patchwork inspiration

 We spent a day in Durham where we met at the university. I find it hard to connect with the person I was then - more than fifty years ago.



I used to walk through the cathedral on my way to lectures crossing Prebends bridge, up the cliff and through a passage into the close and a  tunnel into the cloisters and Bede;s chapel where I would pause for a brief prayer before out through the main door onto Palace Green.

The tiles reminded me of patchwork shapes - I imagine they date from the Victorian age. You would have to be quite clever to draft some of these patterns.


Border idea




Circular focus


1 comment:

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

These are pretty tiles. There is at least one book that has drafted tiles into patterns, but they all require paper piecing.