Sunday 1 August 2021

FOQ 02

 We went out for meals with friends on the two nights I was there so no time to post. I saw all the quilts and galleries. Here is a first selection from galleries.

Sewing with Liberty: Jenni Smith & Kay Walsh

Detail

Christine Restall

M J Kinman: Eclipse

Hollis Chatelain: Disappearing Treasures
This seems a departure from other work I have
seen by her.

From the Amish Gallery:
Chinese Coins by the Miller Sisters
International Quilt Museum


Triple Irish Chain by L Miller

Detail

Kaffe Fassett Gallery:


detail

Fussy cut stars from the Liberty
Gallery.

Detail: this is the classic print that inspired Paula
Nadelstern on her kaleidoscope journey many
years ago.

By Edwina McKinnon; I own one of her quilts

Rosie James asked people to send her a photograph of themselves in lockdown. Many did and Rosie
translated them into stitch framing her own portrait in green


Detail
M J Kinman whose eclipse quilt is shown above is fascinated by the facets of jewels. Her birth stones quilt pattern is the Cotton Patch's block of the month starting in September. I have the emerald pattern I intend to make as a cushion for myself.



M J Kinman Jewel quilt

Emerald




No comments: