Tuesday 8 September 2020

A disappearing 4-Patch



After an August break Lyn emailed instructions for our September Bee block. It was a very quick and easy but effective design and she asked for two if possible.

To make it take four 6" squares and sew them into a four patch. (I like to unpick the stitches in the seam so the the seams can twist in the same direction making a nice flat centre. You can find pictures of how it is done at the close of my post HERE)



Cut 1 1/2" inches away from each side of the vertical and horizontal seams.



Swap the top and bottom strip pieces and then the side strip pieces


and sew. 

Top and bottom strips swapped

Side strips swapped too

Press the seams on one side in and on the other side out. That way your blocks will nest. 

Here are my blocks to be posted today.



You can make this with just two fabrics and I think that is what I prefer.

A useful YouTube video is on on the Sew Very Easy site  HERE

No comments: