Tuesday 3 March 2020

Home Front


Quay Quilters responded to a request for tree blocks to make quilts for people in Australia who have suffered in the recent fires. I have reservations about such initiatives but I enjoyed hand appliqueing the large leaves on my US flights and playing with Helen Howes type trees and a machine appliqued more realistic tree. When I saw Bid's FP tree I had to make that too.



And next up was this Siblings Together BOM, a heart block from 2.5" strips and very enjoyable to put together. I love the monthly choices of Bee members. I'm up in September and have more or less decided on my choice of block.

1 comment:

Julie Fukuda said...

Do you get to see what those blocks look like when they are all together? I have only one quilt that was made from blocks made by 12 friends, but it is one of my favorites and carries many memories.