Thursday 23 January 2020

Sewing Room Makeover

On the door a wonderful postcard sent by a  Siblings Together Bee member. It has a "do not enter" aspect to it!

I took advantage of the quiet 12 Days of Christmas to thoroughly clean my sewing room which involved tidying and moving furniture so I did one of my periodic rearrangements. Every time I do this I think "this is it" only to change round again as stuff silts up. This time though I'm finding it lovely to work in.
I was reluctant to have my back to the window but it means the up down switches on my table are readily accessible in order to change from sewing to cutting mode. The iron is handily behind and if I have it at a lower height I just have to swivel round for repeated bits of ironing and then I get to see through the window and give my eyes a break. The bookshelves are still a bit untidy but that's a job for another day.


The  Picture is a print of one by Hans
Heysen showing his wife at her sewing
machine. The machine and window are
still there but the woman is no more.

Untidy shelves. If only I didn't keep files
of stuff. The tall thin wardrobe is packed
with UFO's. EEK.

Rulers kept in Seminole pouch


Table rises and falls at press of  two
buttons. Ironing board in front of the window.
I have a Sewezi Grande machine table.
I got rid of my Horn Cabinet as too bulky.

Fabric folded over a piece of card cut to fit shelf proportions. This saves space and I can ore easily see what I have. I pull out the card 8" by 14" once the piece is folded. FQs folded smaller and in drawers.

Entrance: the hamper came from my son as a Christmas present and holds my Jan Hassard project which I am enjoying. The sheep hanging is  by Gail Lawther.



No comments: