Wednesday 9 October 2019

U3A Patchwork

Barbara and Rosemary with their work

Needle case gathering

The U3A meeting had a bittersweet air as we mourned the loss of Margaret who has led the group for over a decade and built up a loyal following. Members produced the semi circular needlecases which she had taught at the beginning of the month. On that same day another member was celebrating the arrival of a new baby in her family.
I shall take over responsibility till the end of the 19-20 session and then the members will have to decide how or if they wish to proceed. I have loved the teaching I've done but feel my main focus in future must be making my own quilts, finishing UFO's and using my nicest fabric so I shall a break while the new group takes shape.
Linda's mystery quilt
Margaret led last year

and Angela's.

A

No comments: