Monday 9 September 2019

Preamble

I had a walk round St Marie aux Mines to reacclimatise myself  where everything was. I felt I knew it quite well. The tourist office was open and I was pleased to see the patchwork event programmes available in three languages including English so I got one to read and make good preparations for the various exhibitions. It's the displays of vintage quilts that I like best though.
Some of the windows already had quilts in them and the theatre had a no parking from Monday notice to facilitate the setting up of exhibits.
In the tourist office

Add caption

Add caption

Add caption
And this is where we are staying. We drove the car through the double doors into the courtyard behind and our second floor gite is very quiet as it overlooks the car park. Although the building is very olde worlde our interior is very fresh and modern and we're very comfy with superfast broadband to boot.

No comments: