Monday 10 June 2019

A finish and a start

On the floor

Vertical

I used some long held knights and castles fabric to make a simple child quilt. I added the rows quilt as you go sew and flip fashion onto the backing and wadding then added a bit more quilting.
My blocks

At the weekend I went to an Oast "Hever Stars" workshop with Judi Kirk. I had helped to make the original quilt which was raffled in aid of the Quilters Guild Region 2 but this was a chance to sample Judi's methods of block construction and extras she had learnt along the way. I was originally planning a large quilt when I signed up but after a reality check decided on a smaller child sized project. I'm using a grunge background - fortunately repeatable as I need more and plentiful Alison Glass and bright prints for the stars.

No comments: