Friday 29 March 2019

Weeks roundup

Cherrywood fabrics & 58x74"

It's been a very busy and delightful week since I got back with two quilty visits. The very next day after touch down it was a Usual Suspects meet up at Judi's where we ate fish and chips and I completed the binding on a two year old top made by U3A students at an introduction to patchwork day. I also took charge of Judi's lovely Hever Stars quilt which will be the June Oast workshop. I'll take it along to the meeting to inspire attendees.
Judi Kirk's Hever Stars

Wednesday was given over to "jobs" and making a start on measuring and pricing the surplus fabric I'm selling at the Guild Stash Sale on Saturday. It's quite painful parting with it all but there will be some treasures for others to enjoy. I don't have space or years to accommodate it all.
Just one small batch of my fabrics for sale

Thursday I went to Whitstable to buy very reasonably priced zips from the Harbour Street fabric shop to be ready for bionic bag making in the afternoon with Trish and Sue. I was very apprehensive of this project but all went well thanks to their expertise. We'll go on with it next week.
Inside Trish's bag withall its pockets

Hard at work on portable Janomes bought
at Sandown and a great success.


Meanwhile in the evening I'm working on Month 8 of last year's Sew and Quilt's quilt-of the-crosses BOM (I'm not doing the months in order so some way to go yet). I always do the rather tedious joining sections first and leave the pretty blocks till last.
Quilt of the crosses units with Art Gallery white and Liberty Tana Lawn prints.


And lastly it was good to see our Quay Quilters' raffle quilt and show publicised in Issue 61 of Quilt Now magazine.

No comments: