Thursday 13 December 2018

On going projects

I need another new project like a hole in the head but was very tempted by Carolyn Forster's hand pieced quilt-as-you-go project in Today's Quilter magazine and when I learnt Belinda and Stephanie and probably Marigold were doing it too I caved in. I thought about 1930's fabric but then plumped for a long hoarded collection of Dan Bennett Cosmos fabric pulling out more to go with it. I'll use orange checks for the setting lattice blocks. When I looked at the templates for Block One I thought foundation piecing so I made the block by machine but I will hand quilt it. I can't show the template picture as it is understandably copyrighted.
Meanwhile I am making lots of square in a square units for the sashings of my Kaffe Fassett quilt. I'll do this one QAYG as well. Once done I can use remaining Westminster fabrics to complete a couple of simply pieced workshop quilts started in Houston 2016.
Fabric pull for Forster quilt. Lovely Colour Box
collection by Zen Chic for Backgrounds. 

Block One with frame. I shall remove the orange check to put
on the lattice setting block frame corners and replace with a B/W
grid fabric.

My Westminster quilt in progress.

No comments: