Wednesday 7 November 2018

Log Cabin Star U3A project 01

My Log cabin star Christmas cushion

This is a project that appeared in Popular Patchworth Nov/Dec 1993 and was designed by Rowena Strittmatter though I learnt it in a workshop for Quay Quilters taught by member Doreen Nicholson. This is is second one I have made and in the spirit of passing forward I'm doing it with the U3A measuring my strips and recreating it. Anything goes as far as size of the initial diamond and number and width of strips is concerned as long as you make three log cabin diamonds all the same
The 3.25" strip


 I chose to to start with 3.25" diamonds so cut a 3.25" strip.

Then I used the 60 line on my ruler and inch makings to cut the 3 diamonds.
60 degree line aligned with top
of fabric

And cut!









Now use the 3.25 to cut an equal sided diamond.
I've indicated the lines  help you.

And cut! Repeat twice more.

No comments: