Sunday 11 November 2018

Detling Show


Yesterday was the Detling Show. I went with friends and met up with more and had a lovely day though, inspired by friends, did more shopping than I expected but am very happy with it all.  The  quilts on display, selected by the organisers, were excellent too though some I had seen before.
Superb work in silk by Jane Rollison

Detail

 I am a great fan of Carolyn Forster's  work and always very impressed by how many quilts she can show on any one topic, here hexagons.
Carolyn's Star Rose, A one patch design

And this one uses the same shape















When I got home I completed the machining on our current "Bonnie" project and finished the hand sewing in the evening watching the last two episodes of "Innocent" recorded some time ago - excellent except a bit rushed toward the end. I would do it differently IF I did it again - fusible wadding, stiffer interfacing - but I'm glad I used nice fabrics. I try to avoid 3D but the pattern was well written and there was an explanatory photo on her site for the hard to explain bit. it's Beth Studley's  project basket pattern. 
 It turned out bigger than I expected but all the more useful - it will contain scraps
deicated for a workshop next year.
The inside fabric toned in well.


No comments: