Sunday 5 August 2018

My current project


The current Bonnies project is a departure from the norm as it's a rotary cut jelly roll quilt from the stable of Pam and Nicky Lintott. I had a Bali Pop and background fabric purchased long ago but not all the fabrics were quite right so I ended up buying long quarters of a few more batiks. We pieced two 3-strip sets and used a large quarter triangle ruler to cut them into 8 triangles which in turn were pieced around an octagon which true to form we cut from a template The first one was partially pieced and then completed last. My fellow members are using yardage which is probably a better option.
Partial piecing

6 strips ready to go

Strip sets

Triangles

8 triangles with contrast arrangement

Pieced alternately





2 comments:

Kaja said...

You have a lovely set of fabrics here; I especially like the batik with the green in it.

Quilty Constance said...

Love the block layout. Very cool.