Tuesday 1 May 2018

Retreat full house

The rest of the group arrived after lunch on Monday and got to work. I discarded the tree strip I made last night and went for a simpler approach to the TQG Into the Woods theme. Once quilted this 24" piece will be for the group's current suitcase collection I wish I had brought Helen Howes' Trees workshop notes with me but I did the best I could from memory. In the evening I got to work on my batik strip sets stint for Bonnies, having gone to the shop to buy extra colour choices.
Rejected strip

Finished top

Detail


Strip sets


Stephanie meanwhile quilted her internet blocks project, marked on the back in a clamshell pattern with a table tennis bat as template. Carrie's quilt at 90" + is bigger than the design wall. Brigitte brought her elongated hexagon quilt which uses border fabric bought from the shop. She fussy cut elements from it in every block.
Carrie's

Detail

Stephanie's: so pretty

Brigiite's: wonderful use of fabric

Detail

1 comment:

Julie Fukuda said...

I think I would be overwhelmed with so much inspiration. Fabric with words seems to be popular here in Japan but since most of those prints are in English, they aren't put into a theme so nicely. I do love that "Lucy Boston" style quilt and have done it twice ... the first using just red, white, and blue ... and I like the more coordinated results.