Saturday 14 April 2018

Quilt retreat

Latest quilt on my bed: I'm still sewing down the binding.

It has been a productive and busy retreat as usual. My main job has been assembling and and working on DNP blocks and units from and for my workshops.  Each of the last two days I've made 20 flying geese for the border of my White Cottage quilt.  I've only just got round to posting as until now the Norfolk Youth Orchestra were in residence and using up a lot of WiFi. Some of us went to hear  them one evening and the experience of being right next to the huge orchestra which filled the retreat's modern chapel was wonderful - the sound reverberated through ones entire body. It was fun seeing which youngsters we had seen in corridors and at mealtimes played which instruments. Ages ranged from 11 to 18.
This month's Siblings Together block:
mint and chocolate chip

Detail

My DNP top: side squares of nine patches same white as background of feature print in corners: chickens and
butterflies.




No comments: