Despite the horrible mess I have been working. Before I can start on my Shimmer Octagons I need to cut up fabric for a previous Shoo Fly/8point star project as my choices overlap. When using some b/w grid fabric for the latter I realised I needed to keep some back to sash and border the U3A jelly roll quilt so I cut those lengths out before proceeding further . . I made rough test blocks in hand dyes of the star blocks to check sizes and then a test block in my chosen fabric to recheck my final decisions and to check pressing options. I think I'll really like this quilt.
|8 pointed star|
Meanwhile I've enjoyed hand quilting the Thimbleberries quilt and yesterday I attached the binding. I need to catch the binding down on the back, remove tacking stitches and wash it to remove the markings.
|Thimbleberries for my husband|