Monday 16 June 2014

Traditional Quilt Group retreat



Our workroom

Jackie at work

This was a lovely weekend and the Jackie Taylor jelly roll/precuts class enjoyed a large space and plenty of tables to work at and spread out work. Jackie amused us all and was very knowledgeable and managed us doing different projects with aplomb so there was plenty to look at and we had a day and a half to make good progress with our work. Lots of examples of her own work for which patterns are available were spread out for us to enjoy. I used a set of strips I'd been given by a magazine which were not the usual coordinated array and which I was anxious to stress were not my own choice from my stash (I'd have done a better job) so my project was traditional in the sense of making do with what I had. Others displayed more taste however!


I took the pink hearts out

Star pieces laid out ready

Trying out setting triangles and border


No comments: