Tuesday 14 May 2013

Thursday

We spent a few minutes each day working on charity blocks. Stacked and sewn squares were the first and then a clever way of sewing and cutting squares to make uneven ninepatches. The last one was making 12" blocks from my vast collection of novelty squares. This was the most popular as retreaters could not resisting trawling through the boxes and making different assemblages. At first I thought Margaret's effort was an art piece but it proved to be made from my sheep squares. I need to take photos of the others. They are still packed up as I'm unpacking my project boxes on a need to work on basis.
 
Margaret and sheep block before trimming. Thank you!

Cut and sewn uneven 9-patches

detail

Three fabric frog version - for blue read orange.

Judi's quilt for a veteran.

Valerie's stars from a small part of her b/w stash.

Stacked and sewn squares - I added to the pile/

Detail

Mirror image arrangement

1 comment:

Julie Fukuda said...

Wow! What a productive time with great outcomes. Using a machine certainly opens up a lot of possibilities.