At Quay Quilters this week Ruby showed an utterly charming quilt inspired by a picture in her quilters' diary, made for no other reason than that she wanted to, a very good reason in my opinion. I have continued getting stuff ready for the U3A class on finishing quilts. I first arranged the autumn blocks from the back beginning with a regular arrangement which looked awful and then went for organised random. I then turned the blocks over and labelled each one according to the fabric on the reverse. If I swapped any round I swapped them with its fellow. Once done I put them into bags of four with joining strips and quilt-as-you-go-instructions.