I finished machine quilting the "Forest Checks" quilt on Friday morning. I might have finished sooner if the thread I was using didn't keep breaking. To be fair it was 12 wt but I managed the centre of the quilt well with a different shade of the same brand. Perhaps the poly cotton border fabric was part of the problem. Now just the binding to do which I shall machine down. The back is all one pleasant blue patterned cotton so if the recipients (eQuilters' 5000 quilts for storm victims) don't care for one side they can turn it over.
Chequered Forest was a possible name but this seemed too poetic for such a practical quilt.