Monday 9 January 2012

Moving along


I meant to attach these frames yesterday but was called away to watch David Hockney on Countryfile (most inspiring) so I have the two last ones to complete. Then I intend to applique hands. Then it will be a nice part: making units of trees, houses, hearts and little people to go round though there will be some tricky bits getting them all to fit together. I tried putting green or lilac in the corners of this centre unit but it didn't work. As I'll use these other colours in the units to come this will mean a lack of continuity but Isla (did you think she was an Ivy or Irene or Iris?) wanted it PINK so PINK will be the dominant effect. I've never done anything pink for myself so this is fun.
Tonight I shall probably finish the minimal handquilting on Belsey Blooms a workshop UFO which will be a FO and destined for sale or donation so have to line up some evening handsewing pretty quick especially as I'm off to sew and chat with the Usual Suspects tomorrow. Bonnies are opting for some smaller projects after the mammoth Farmers' Wives so I shall hand foundation piece this chatelaine from Quiltmaker Nov.Dec.96 (page partly obscured by a bookmark and there are two or three pages anyway so I'm not disseminating the pattern). I've long had this tucked away in my file though I shall make it a tad shorter.

No comments: