Thursday 22 December 2011

She sells sea shells




































I have been getting on famously (famously as Georgette Heyer would say) with finishing off tops though in my haste I forgot I had planned to put borders on some of them such as this little piece made to demonstrate redwork though this of course is blue! I intended to add a navy border to echo the frames of the blocks but forgot so it only measures 24 by 31 but a good size for a wallhanging. I've done two redwork classes this year funded by a bursary I won in a lottery from my Guild, Oast Quilters and have to report back in March so this will form part of the presentation. It is an out of print pattern that a kind quilter on the Stashbuster list helped me source. I used double embroidery floss strands for the main pattern lines and single for details. A good carry along project.


The back

Note machine clasp stitch used to "tie" this section.

 Detail

No comments: