Thursday 1 December 2011

Armadillo quilt


Can you see the armadillo waving his legs in the air?

Two colour binding

November 28th I finally finished the armadillo quilt Judi and I worked on together originating in a cut and come again workshop with Edwina McKinnon. Edwina approached her project from an artistic point of view but Judi and I used bright scraps, many novelty fabrics including the one featuring the the armadillo. The panels were assembled and quilted separately then joined with strips front and back. I used a two colour binding to match the different binding strips.
It is destined for Project Linus.

1 comment:

Julie Fukuda said...

I wondered how you came up with that name. I never know what to do with novelty print scraps but you found a great idea. Congratulations on the finish!