Tuesday 29 March 2011

Oh dear oh dear oh dear

I have made three pennants/banners as part of an Olympics project for 2012 mainly because I'm an inveterate joiner and as part of a Janome Club project and it was as ever a chance to practise stuff on my machine. However given the size of competitors' goodie bags and luggage allowances I suspect my efforts will be left in a corner of an hotel room or Olympic Village accommodation.
We chose subjects redolent of Britain. The London fabric (designed in NZ!) was a gift in this respect, a nice cup of tea is another aspect and the stairs of the third piece relate to the winners' podium and to London Cockney slang where apples and pears (which grow here in Kent) is an expression for stairs - "Going up the apples and pears".....



1 comment:

Julie Fukuda said...

Those are neat mementos. It is a nice personal touch. Is the one with the buses all one fabric? Are they designed to be hung like a banner?