Tuesday, 1 March 2011

Mary's Triangles

I think I may have posted this quilt in "top" stage but it is now complete and is destined for some charitable purpose or other. I found a bag of Mary's Triangle units and lots of single squares in a bag while kitting out my sewing room. They were leftover from Quay Quilters' raffle quilt some years ago. I sewed the squares into 4-Patches as leader enders and combined with the Mary's Triangle units to form a diagonal pattern I used up every piece, adding a couple of squares from my own fabric and the border at the end. It's down as QQ Lilac Linus on my 2011 finishes list.
Now my fabric is folded on shelves in cupboards I can access it more easily and am making myself use stash rather than new purchases though I have bought longer lengths for backings.


2 comments:

pascale said...

This is a great quilt, and I am sure the recipient will love it.

Julie Fukuda said...

What a happy use for those scrappy bits. Nice finish!