Friday 11 February 2011

Bag

Bag pieces

I decided I would make a bag from the rosettes I made at the Janome Club. In its turn the bag will be for the tombola at our quilt show.
This is a method I learnt from a pattern in Popular Patchwork Sept, 2005. I quilted both sides of the bag and cut out a 2" square from the bottom corners which makes for a neater finish when you join the side seams and then the bottom one.The bottom seam is pulled up to meet the side seam and sewn making for a more accurate and neater way of achieving a 3D  effect than the triangle of surplus bag in many patterns. I had already sewn a pocket to the inside and before putting on the binding I pinned on the handles and ties. Then I sewed the binding on and brought up and top stitched the handles as shown.

1 comment:

Julie Fukuda said...

That is a lovely bag and those fabrics work so well together. I notice you assembled it so all the caligraphy is right-side-up.