Saturday 14 August 2010

Twisted Sisters

I found a suitable border fabric for the Twisted Sisters quilt. This too, I feel, is dressmaking fabric, possibly Laura Ashley. I was intrigued to see in this month's Quilters' Newsletter an advert. for Laura Ashley fabric. After abandoning the dressmaking fabric market it seems in the wake of Kaffe Fassett's and Rowan/Westminster's success they've finally cottoned on (Ha ha) to the potential of the quilting market.
I pieced a strip of calico to the border strip and  mitred the corners.
Also on hand is a length of white fleece just the right size for a back so now I shall research whether this is allright to use for a Linus Quilt.




Today also found me taking pictures of my sewing room, a terrible glory hole at the moment and not the haven of peace and tranquillity I once found it. Next month the carpet will come up and smooth vinyl flooring be laid down and the decorator will come to paint and wallpaper. The priority will be storage space and what I don't have room for will have to go!
Just a starter photo here showing the view through the open door:


















3 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Annabelle said...

Pretty quilt - sewing rooms are difficult to keep tidy. I recently posted a pic of my tiny space - but only after a desperate tidy up! I am a new crafter and blogger (annabelleserendipity.blogspot.com) looking at other sites for inspiration. Thanks.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.