Sunday 9 May 2010

Anja Townrow speaks at Oast




At the Oast meeting yesterday Anja Townrow gave a very jolly talk. Her picture of the dedicated quilter ticked a lot of boxes with me. Guilty as charged! I think she sold lots of patterns afterwards and small quilts. Her workshop today should be good and I look forward to seeing the results but I'm at home. However I bought her big loss leader quilt and I love it. This is the second contemporary quilt I've bought and is not one I would ever make and certainly not one I would ever be able to quilt in metallic thread. I'm sure my daughter and granddaughter will admire it too so its future is assured. I hung it on my design stand to photograph and my husband passed it several times enroute to water his plants before registering its presence. "Oh is that your latest quilt?" I was touched but fought back temptation and explained I'd bought it with several provisos about fabric prices and cost of making etc. "It's a bit bright for me." I pointed how how daughter and granddaughter would also like it whereupon he brightened! The quilt is very much in Anja's individual style with lots of pointy pieces. It will be loved. I think it was the border effect that "spoke" to me. http://www.anjatownrow.com/

No comments: