Friday, 22 January 2010

A Major Finish





After several hurdles I've finally completed this quilt - the hanging sleeve is sewn and ready to attach. It started life as surplus blocks for a block exchange, then a 3 by 4 block quilt for a forest challenge and has now been enlarged to 73" by 84". I think of it as Babes in the Wood as that is what we will feel like when it's on the bed. Although it'll never win a prize I feel it's somewhat of a best effort quilt for me because of the complexity of some of the blocks and I love it because of the different blocks used, the funny birds with spindly chain stitched legs and lots of fabrics some of which have been with me for decades. I took it to Quay Quilters last night and two kind friends held it up so I could take a photo.

3 comments:

Vicki W said...

What a great quilt!

Nancy, Near Philadelphia said...

Golly, it is pretty!

Margery said...

Hi, Mary - I have one of your leaf blocks in my Pick'n'Mix quilt - it's a beautiful block. I remember you sent me three or four, so I could pick one and send the rest back - it was hard to choose. I think those extras must be in this finished quilt! Love, Margery.