Thursday 12 November 2009

Long time no see








I feel very remiss in not posting - I have been away again to the Rossendale Valley for a family meet up and a week of not quilting but revisiting old haunts including a former spinning mill at Helmshore (photo). Checking back through the blogs to see where I'm up to I realise I do have some quilting achievements to my name since the last posting. Firstly I've pieced the Twisted Sisters blocks from the workshop. And I've also completed three more Patchwork Party blocks, making six in all so halfway there. A lot of my time has been sorting out text, drawings and photos for a project to submit to a magazine. This was suggested to me by an editor ages ago but I had to keep making more quilts but the Rambling Roses afternoon session when I gave kits for a charity version has concentrated the mind so I rejigged the piecing sequence and sorted the pressing instructions and its gone gone. Running out of colour on the printer and buying a new printer (which uses cheaper cartridges) didn't help. Anyway I'll blog a lot about this anon once the pattern's been in the magazine and becomes a back issue.

1 comment:

Jenny said...

Hello, I like your blog, I've been trying to find quilters in the UK.