Friday 25 September 2009

Northwest Quilt Expo




I had a very pleasant day at the Northwest Quilt Expo yesterday. I went by public transport where I met a fellow Brit quilter now settled in the US. It took up one large airy exhibition hall and wasn't too crowded. There were various special exhibits from Lynette Jensen and local Guilds as well as the main show - think Sandown but a bit bigger and of course lower prices. There were some interesting stands selling African fabrics, Burmese silks, Australian fabrics and wools too as well as the usual stunning batiks, country fabrics and stunning collections. In the entrance lobby local groups manned their raffle quilt stands. When I first started going to US shows I was impressed by the sheer amount of hand quilting that went onto quilts. I saw no examples of that here but there was some stunning machine quilting.

No comments: