Tuesday 14 October 2008

Quilt Show purchases & Paducah worries



Right until the very end of the Knitting and Stitching Show my fabric purchases amounted to 2 FQs only but right at the end I succumbed and bought 5 half metres (56 inches wide no less) of plains for a very reasonable price with charity quilting in mind. I wash all my fabrics so here they are on the line.
I've been restrained partly because of a planned trip to the AQS Show in Paducah next year and have paid for my room at the Executive Inn up front via the lottery they held in the early summer and received a confirmation. Now I am reading in the Kentucky local press online that all is not well with the hotel and its new owner and wonder what is going to happen. I'm certainly not booking any flights just yet and wonder if the show can go ahead if the hotel isn't functioning. They certainly don't answer phone calls or emails though the closure is supposed to be for refurbishment. Given the present financial climate I am wondering whether I'll see the money or the accommodation.

No comments: