Wednesday 5 March 2008

Richmond NZ quilt shop

Just a short distance from Nelson was Richmond where there was another lovely quilt shop, Threadplay. DH and his cousin admired the lovely patterns from the comfort of a sofa. I have been making Houston Stars blocks in Christmas fabrics but find myself starting to run low of some especially backgrounds. In this shop I found the same red and one background the same as mine and bought other toning background fabrics and a green. I have yet to find a very dark green in any of the shops so far. Still looking. Between Nelson and Richmond is the Wearable Art museum, WOW, but I didn't want to try the patience of my companions too far. Instead we went to the wonderful Founders Park where DH found a Bristol freighter he'd always wanted to see and I found a quilt hanging in the entrance!

No comments: