Saturday 1 March 2008

HOUSTON STARS

Before I started quilting seriously I did a lot of machine knitting and belonged to a small house group of machine knitters. I still have my knitting machines (under the bed) but haven't done anything with them for quite a bit.
Now four of us with one new member meet every two or three weeks on Friday afternoons to sew together. We thought we would like to make the Houston Stars sampler quilt designed by Gwenfai Rees Griffiths featured in the Britsh Patchwork and Quilting magazine. She uses different methods and of the blocks are quite trick so it is a satisfying challenge for the experienced and a good learning experience for the recent quilters.
We call ourselves the Bonnie Quilters. I had so many quilty commitments I got a bit behind so have taken the opportunity of this wonderful "cleared space" of time here to catch up. So I've posted pictures of the blocks I've completed in Ocean Shores NSW which I'd brought in kit form.

1 comment:

By Hoki Quilts said...

Hi Quayquilter, I am in NZ and many years ago collected all of the issues with a view to making the Houston Stars Sampler quilt. During all of my shifting around I thought I had managed to keep all of the magazines together - sadly the first one from January 2002 is missing and I am hoping I could get a copy of the relevant pages - are you able to help please?
I have made contact with the magazine and to date there has been no reply.
Please advise - I am willing to pay all costs. My e-mail addy is byhokiquilts@xtra.co.nz
kind regards
Miche'le